Some patients or their families when the doctor told patients are suffering from nephritis, often ask the doctor: Whether nephritis is caused by salt intake? Whether nephritis patients can take salt?
In fact, these two statements are not correct, on the one hand, nephritis is generally not caused by salt intake, on the other hand, nephritis patients can take salt.
Nephritis patients really need to pay attention to the amount of salt ingested, salt is an important aspect of kidney disease patients and doctors are concerned about.
Studies have shown that high-salt diet is to increase the risk of nephropathy risk factors, it not only can cause water and sodium retention in patients with nephritis, thereby aggravating edema and hypertension symptoms, but also accelerate the rapid decline of renal function and renal fibrosis process. Low-salt diet is the basis of various stages of treatment of kidney disease.
How to take low-salt diet? We can take low salt diet as following:
1. Use a salt spoon: Buy 2 g or 5 g spoon, just 3 spoons of salt (2g spoon) or 1 spoon of salt (5g spoon) every day;
2. Use salt cans: Add 90 grams of standard salt intake to a salt-limited tank, take strict consumption for more than half a month;
3. If you do not cook, can not grasp the amount of salt in the food, you can take salt-free breakfast or dinner every day, eat only two meals a day or even one meal with salt;
4. Eat less salty food when eating out, or put it in clean water, rinse it and eat it.;
5. Eat less salty snacks, such as biscuits, ham and so on.
Kidney disease patients as long as pay attention to the above points, basically can greatly reduce salt intake, and thus lay the foundation for the control of kidney disease. If you have any questions about kidney disease need to understand in details, you can consult our online experts, our experts will reply to you as soon as possible.
Beijing In China