Dialysis related fever can occur in dialysis, after dialysis onset manifested as 1h-2h ; may also appear after dialysis. Once hemodialysis patients appear fever, should first analysis with hemodialysis have relationship. If caused by hemodialysis, should analyze the reasons and take appropriate preventive measures.
(1) Most caused by the pyrogen enters blood , such as Dialysis line and the dialyzer non-standard, dialysis fluid contamination etc..
(2) Aseptic operation during dialysis is not strict, can cause pathogen into blood or original infection due to dialysis and spread, and then cause fever.
(3) other rare causes such as acute hemolysis and high temperature dialysis can also cause fever.
(1) For patients with high fever, the first response to disease treatment, including physical cooling, oral antipyretic drugs, and lowering the temperature of dialysate.
(2)Considering bacterial infection when do blood culture and bacterial therapy. Usually caused by the heat source within 24h improved, if no improvement should consider whether caused by infection, and should continue to look for pathogen evidence and antibiotic treatment
(3) Small doses of glucocorticoids may be used to treat patients who are not infected.
(1) Should strictly regulate the operation in dialysis operation, dialyzing and dialyzer reuse, avoid the pollution caused by the operation of pyrogen.
(2) If have the conditions can be use of disposable dialyzer and dialysis tube.
(3) Before dialysis should fully wash dialysis tube and dialyzer.
(4) Strengthen dialysis water and dialysate monitoring, to avoid the use of contaminated dialysate for dialysis
Beijing In China