Diabetic nephropathy patients often appear edema symptoms, edema of the lower limbs is the most common, the cause of edema is due to chronic complications of diabetic nephropathy.
1. complicated with renal insufficiency: diabetic nephropathy in patients with renal damage, can lead to urinary protein leakage, a large number of glomerular filtration rate decreased and severe hypoproteinemia, which can cause double lower limbs, eyelid and facial edema, there may be severe systemic edema.
2. Complications of heart disease: diabetic nephropathy often associated with cardiovascular disease, such as coronary heart disease, cardiomyopathy, severe illness due to heart failure caused by systemic congestion and sodium and sodium retention, resulting in jugular vein engorgement, hepatosplenomegaly and Symptomatic edema of both lower extremities.
3. Combined peripheral neuropathy: diabetic nephropathy patients with peripheral neuropathy, causing peripheral blood vessels to dilate, both lower extremity venous congestion and edema, in addition to neurotrophic disorders caused by increased local capillary permeability, can also cause lower extremity edema.
4. combined with lower extremity vascular disease: when the patient lower extremity venous lesions, leading to venous return obstruction caused by intravenous pressure, there may be lower extremity edema, but often showed unilateral edema.
5. combined with severe malnutrition: some diabetic patients, due to long-term diet, calories and protein intake is seriously inadequate, leading to hypoproteinemia and malnutrition edema.
Above is the introduction related to the causes of edema in patients with diabetic nephropathy, hoping to help you, if you have questions on the kidney disease need a detailed understanding, you can consult our online experts.
Beijing In China