Kidney disease is a problem concerned and cared lot of patients, suffering from nephrotic syndrome will affect our health at all times, for the treatment of nephrotic syndrome, there are many people choose hormone therapy for nephrotic syndrome, nephrotic syndrome is a multi-etiology of clinical manifestations of similar syndromes, not an independent disease. A large number of proteinuria, a high degree of edema, hyperlipidemia is its more typical performance. However, some people say that hormone treatment of nephrotic syndrome will make the disease more and more serious, is it true? Next let’s take a look at hormonal treatment of nephrotic syndrome.
1. Corticosteroids promote protein degradation, can delay the formation of granulation tissue, cancer prevention wounds or surgical wounds and other healing ulcers.
2. Corticosteroids have the role of growth hormone, long-term use of children can inhibit bone growth and protein synthesis, affecting growth and development, pregnant women can also cause fetal malformations.
3. Long-term use of glucocorticoid therapy, the basic control of symptoms, such as reduction too fast or sudden withdrawal, the original symptoms may appear or aggravated rapidly, becoming a "rebound phenomenon." There are some symptoms of the original disease, such as muscle pain, muscle rigidity, joint pain, etc, called withdrawal syndrome.
4. Long-term use of glucocorticoids can cause adrenal cortex atrophy or renal insufficiency, induced or aggravated ulcers or even cause neuropsychiatric symptoms, causing great obstacles for the rehabilitation of patients.
5. Glucocorticoids can weaken the body's ability to defend the disease, it is conducive to bacterial growth and reproduction, proliferation or induce or aggravate the infection.
6. Long-term super-physiological dose of glucocorticoid application can cause water, salt, sugar, protein and fat metabolism disorders, such as adrenal insufficiency. The performance of centripetal obesity, resulting in calcium absorption disorders, resulting in osteoporosis, severe cases can cause spontaneous fracture.
Hormone therapy can only relieve the occurrence of nephrotic syndrome, the fundamental disease does not really play a significant role, but in order to temporarily alleviate the condition, the amount of community hormones, short-term treatment is possible. But do not blindly believe that hormone therapy can achieve the full effect of cure. In order to take better treatment, we must understand own condition, in order to carry out systematic treatment.
Beijing In China